It's no secret that times have been pretty tough for me the past two years, and to be 100% honest, I've been hiding how bad it actually is. Tonight, I finally broke down, and it took a great friend, my ex-boyfriend, Andrew, to allow me to feel comfortable enough to feel like I could "go there".
Then, when I logged onto the computer to send him a "Thank You" e-card, I had an email titled "Awesome Advice" from one of my best friends, Ami. It couldn't have been timed any better. I beg anyone to try to convince me there's no God.
So, without further ado, I will share the list of "Awesome Advice" with you. **I'm also going to leave the verbage that makes it email specific in the event anyone wants to pass it along to any of their loved ones.
An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say “No” to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and un-clutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the KID in YOU every day.
16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19 Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good 'Thank you Jesus.'
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself .
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people… they probably need it the most.
32. Sit on your ego.
33 Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36 Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before. GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU.
My instructions were to send this to four people that I wanted God to bless and I picked you. I decided to send it to more than four, because I didn't want to limit blessings.
SEND IT FORWARD PLEASE,