Monday, November 9, 2009

I’m Back, Part II

 

As I stated in my earlier post, A LOT has happened, and I can’t begin to say how great it feels. 

First of all, I am feeling a TON better, and the pain is very much under control.  There are still times that I will feel it, but the new combination of medications is working really, really well.  I did, however, run out of the one extended release medication last week, and I didn’t have it for 3 days.  That left me in excruciating pain for the days I didn’t have it, but I’m all good now.  I had NO CLUE how much that one medication did until I woke up Wednesday morning in so much pain that I couldn’t roll over without breathing like I was in labor & convincing myself that I could do it.  THANK GOD FOR DOCTORS & PAIN MEDICATION!!!

Since the pain has been under control for quite awhile, I have been able to take two short trips.  A month ago my parents & I went to Dallas to see my brother & his wife for a special occasion.  I did pretty well, except for first night, but I think that had a lot to do with my dad’s driving.  My stomach & “guts” were tied in knots from Austin to Dallas, because we were almost in an accident that resulted in me waking up as I was being thrown into the floorboard of the backseat from my dad slamming on the breaks.  In addition to that, my dad has no ability to softly step on the breaks or ease into a stop.  He’s either driving, or “hitting” the breaks.  There’s no in between.  Riding while he’s driving is akin to what I would imagine being inside a washing machine would feel like.  It’s no wonder I always got car sick on our summer vacations. :)

I was also able to see one of my best friends, Katye, and her daughter for their birthdays last weekend.  I went to Corpus Christi on Thursday, Oct 29 (Victoria’s birthday), and stayed until Tuesday, Nov 3.  Katye’s birthday is on Halloween, and we went to a nice party at her in-laws.  Actually, it was a blast considering I haven’t done much, if anything, social in the past 9 months, and it would have been mine & Shay’s 2 year anniversary.  As long as it’s been, it’s still incredibly painful, because of all the unanswered questions.  I was quite proud of myself that it didn’t even occur to me until after 4pm when I was taking my second shower of the day in order to get ready for the party.

Another thing I’ve done is change my hair.  I went dark for the winter, and I LOVE IT!!!  I was also able to get it cut when I was in Corpus, and I’m really happy with it, as well.  I went back to the same cut I got a week after my gallbladder removal, and although I wasn’t really happy with the lady who cut it, I like it.  The ONLY thing she ever said to me was when giving me directions on how to move my head.  I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve never had that happen.  If anything, I often find myself thinking, “When is this person going to shut up?”  But, in the end, I wasn’t paying for someone to talk to, was I?

There are also some new business options I’ve been approached about.  They’re all very exciting, but I just need to decide which one is right for me, and just go for it.  I’m going insane with no work & being cooped up in this house for 9 months.  It’s time for me to start exercising my brain & making money.

I think I’ve covered everything that’s happened, but if I think of more, I’ll add it.  I’ll also post the Halloween photos of the haunted house Tisha & Ron set up in their garage. 

Tjuus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment