Monday, March 23, 2009

Quote of the Day

"It is easy to hate, and it is difficult to love. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get." ~Confucius


I first heard this "theory", if you will, when I was in middle school, back when the dinosaurs roamed and Letterman was on NBC, from Henry Rollins. He happened to be on Letterman, and I have no idea what they were talking about, but I distinctly remeber him saying, "Hate is easy," and it's stuck with me ever since.

I have tried, as hard as it is, to not do what is easy when I should be doing something else. It's something I've attempted to explain a countless number of times to my ex-husband, but I don't know if he understands, or if it was plain old anger mixed with stubborness that was keeping him from seeing what I was trying to explain at the time. I hope it was the latter, because he is an exceptional man with the capabilities to become anything he wants and do great things.

It's also something I've tried to pass along to my God-daughter, because I have seen, far too often what hate and anger can do to one's life. Holding on to anything that doesn't matter in the whole scheme of life, which really isn't a whole lot, will only hurt you. Choosing to love, as hard as it might be at the time, only helps you in the long run. If anyone out there reading this takes ANYTHING away from this little slice of cyber-land, I hope it will be that.

Mazal Tov!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment