Friday, April 10, 2009

Facebook "Quizzes"



I've taken a lot of these little quizzes on Facebook in the past little while, while I've been on a leave of absence from work, but today was crazy. I took four, I think, and all of them "hit the nail right on the head". It's amazing to me how that happens, because A LOT of the grammar is wrong, and these are obviously not scientifically based. Hell, I don't know how they're made up. I just know that ANYONE can make a quiz. Maybe I should make up a crazy one, and see what happens as part of the "social experiment" I'm working on.

I'll have to look at format, think about it, and then get back to you all... IF I decide to do it. But, here are the four quizzes from today.

1. The Inner-Nationality Quiz: What are you... really????

You are Sweden

You are friendly, gentle, and modest, with a good heart and a lusty nature. You laugh easily, have a well-developed sense of irony, and tend to understand people intuitively. You are interested in new people, but will always maintain notions of insider vs. outsider, and this will lead you to commit to a group of friends and lovers who will be with you your entire life. If you have a weakness it's your timidity -- you feel pressure to remain 'lagom' -- on an even par with others. But this is also your strength.

"tend to understand people intuitively"... that is so spot-on that it isn't even funny. My friend once asked me, "How do you know these people are going to do these things before they do them?" I said, "Because I can just tell how they are." And, one of the biggest issues my ex and I had was that I would continually tell him, "This or that is going to happen if you do A, B or C," and it would wind up happening about 90% of the time, yet he still wouldn't listen to me. This is also how I know we should have NEVER gotten divorced, and that he regrets it, too, but that's for another day... or week... maybe month. LOL

2. Which Flower are you?

You are a daisy

You are carefree and light. Whimsical and spontaneous. A total optimist, you always try to see the positive side of things. You are artistic and imaginative... you float through life with a smile.

Incidentally, my favorite flower is the Gerber Daisy!!!

3. What instrument should you play?

Clarinet

You are a Clarinet, a gentle instrument but can be loud. You are filled with emotion when you play.

I played for SEVEN YEARS

4. Which love language do you have???

Gifts

You are a person of gifts. This means you are most touched when people give you a gift, because it means they were thinking of you when they bought, created or found what they give you. You see life as a gift, and it's things in it!. Gifts and giving is your emotional tool and you will therefore also use this to connect to other people. Gifts are a great way of communicating, but when someone else you love doesn't necessarily talk the way you do, it doesn't mean they don't love you. What would be their primary love language? The downside of giving gifts without talking or doing things for someone else, may come across as a quick fix to escape building a further relationship. Try to put in some effort by finding out what the other person's language is, too. A good conversation or spending time with them can be a gift to them, more precious than box of chocolate! One last point to mention is that God also communicates in your love language. He uses gifts, too. He says in the Bible that He loves you, that you are the apple of His eye, and that He wants you to come to Him and talk to Him. He loves you and gave Jesus (God Himself in human form) to bridge the gap caused by the fall of sin through which we cannot fully obey the law He gave us. He made the solution through Jesus, and when accepting Him, you'll accept God Himself, Who loves you, and wants to communicate with you. Jesus is the greatest Gift, Who gives salvation FREELY to whoever accepts Him. Praise God!

I LOVE giving to others. One year I was at short track speedskating competition in Montreal on my birthday, and I went out to dinner with some skating friends for dinner; one from Canada, one from Belgium and one from Latvia. I brought all of them presents, and earlier in the day I'd given presents to two of my friends from New Zealand. I just love to give!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment