Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quote of the Day



WOW!!!

I didn't realize how far behind I was in QOTD this week, but when that happens, you all know I've been feeling bad. This week has been "one of those" weeks, although I didn't think it was going to be. I was actually able to get out of the house for a FULL FIVE HOURS on Tuesday to get my hair done, and added a MUCH NEEDED eyebrow wax & tint. Needless to say, I am going to have to call and complain about the color, because it doesn't look like my roots were done... in the least. I could go back to another salon next week, and they would do it, probably wondering why I waited so long. I know it sounds a little pety to get upset over something so meaningless in the whole scheme of life, but it's taken 3 weeks of cancelling and rebooking to actually get me there, due to my ongoing illness. Needless to say, it doesn't make happy at all. In addition, the girl who did my hair was far more concerned about when she was going to get her hair done than what was going on with my hair. I don't think I've ever had anyone color my hair not check to see if the blonde had taken before they took me to the sink and pulled out the foils... Well, not until Tuesday, that is, and I don't have $160 to pay to have it done again.

Anyway, back to the "title" of this post...

I was so excited when I saw someone post this yesterday on Twitter, because it's the way I've tried to live my life for quite some time now. I've also tried to explain it to Shay, countless numbers of times, to no avail, and when I saw it written this way, all I could think was, "He would understand that." Weirdest part of it is that it's by a Rabbi. Coincidence? I don't believe there is such a thing. So, without further ado, here's today's QOTD:


If you won't be better tomorrow than you were today, then what do you need tomorrow for?
~ Rabbi Nahman of Bratslav

No comments:

Post a Comment