Saturday, July 18, 2009

QOTD


It's no secret that I LOVE quotes and find a ton of inspiration and meaning in them. I had another sleepless night, mainly due to the fact that I slept most of Friday, so I did a lot of reading, and I found some quotes I wanted to share. I'm pretty sure I haven't posted these, yet.

One thing that is extremely important to me is my integrity. I don't have any children of my own, but I have 25+ nieces and nephews and a God daughter who I've had a great deal to do with her raising. If there's one thing I have tried to teach all of them, it's how important integrity is.

Webster defines it as:
1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility
2 : an unimpaired condition : soundness
3 : the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness
Synonyms- see honesty

To me, I'd much rather live an honest life and deal with those consequences, than be dishonest and have to deal with living with my conscience. I'm sure you've heard the saying, "He/She has to look at himself/herself in the mirror every morning and live with what they've done." That saying is talking about integrity and character, and if you ask me, those are two of the MOST IMPORTANT things for a person.


Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.
~ J.C. Watts


The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but at times of challenge and controversy.
~ Martin Luther


There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
~ French Proverb


Don't try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough.
~ Arthur Freed


The right to do something does not mean that doing it is right.
~ William Safire


Or, as my parents used to tell us growing up, "Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD!!!"

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad.
~ Abraham Lincoln


Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence.
~ Author Unknown


I could go on and on with the quotes, but I'll leave it at this for now. I'm off to watch the Tour de France. I feel sure that I'll fall asleep now that there's something on TV I'm actually interested in. hahaha

GO LANCE!!! LIVESTRONG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment