Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Baby Shower = Success!!!


On Saturday, my sisters, great aunt and I gave a baby shower for my youngest brother's wife, and it turned out to be a GREAT SUCCESS!!! Not to "toot" my own horn, but I did do most of the work, and I organized everything, although... had I not had my sister, D & her daughter, J, along with our great aunt, JC, we couldn't have pulled it off. Now I see why my old friend encouraged me to open a party planning business so many years ago. We'll have to wait & see on that one, because I have been in excruciating pain for the past 2 1/2 days, but I thought I might share a few photos of the amazing cake & cupcakes one of my best friends made. She just started her own business, as a fluke, and we can't stop talking about how talented she is. Not only does everything look wonderful, but it takes even better than it looks, and how often does that happen? So, take a look.



This is the entire presentation; the 3 layer cake with 3 dozen cupcakes


This is 3 of the 5 types of decorations on the cupcakes. By the time I took the individual pictures, these were the only ones left, and everything except the wrapper is edible


A baby with a blue blanket


A baby with a green blanket



A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
~ Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment